Thursday, July 17, 2014

Little Bus, Big Dreams

Yes, I am young, maybe a little crazy, and definitely easily excitable but still this bus dream is actually becoming a reality in my life tomorrow.  That is, Lord Willing, my hubby and I will be moving it into our backyard on Friday, and then the transformation process will begin!  So, I figured, it was about time to start blogging our journey.  One step at a time, prayer after prayer, we are moving forward in faith!
As I think about the beginnings of this dream, having a house bus, my thoughts rush back to stories and pictures of times before I was even born.  You see, when my mom was a young girl she would often help teach Bible stories out of a bus  that my grandpa had remade into a classroom.  Yep, you heard that right, my grandpa used to renovate long vehicles into lovely living spaces before my hubby and I had the crazy idea ourselves.  
This bus dream tracks back to the days my husband was in a rock band too.  When we first met, he was playing guitar everyday, writing songs and hoping to share his music in front of audiences someday.  He did eventually get to travel around in a car with a trailer full of band equipment, but it wasn't quite a luxury tour bus.  As we began dating at the end of highschool and thinking through a possible life together, it was so much fun to imagine a full time life on the road, sharing a passion for music, art, and beauty with everyone around us, but most of all, we agreed early on, that God would have to lead the way.
Fast forward about ten years and, here I am, blogging away at 6am in my cozy kitchen that smells like fresh peppers and cheesy eggs.  After the yummy breakfast, I said goodbye to my handsome hubby (*swoon* my highschool sweetheart), and then he grabbed his lunch box and left for work.  He and I are living the "American Dream"- owning an adorable little home together, a sweet ride in the driveway, and taking care of two gorgeous kiddos.  I can't really imagine wanting life to be any other way!  I am so blessed right now, as it is.  So, with all this goodness, why would I want to buy a bus?  

I do believe that any person would ask themselves the very same question: 

Why a bus?

To which I will reply:

Why not a bus?!

No, but really, I hope it won't be unsatisfying to anyone for me to just say that I think this is something my family and I are supposed to do!  The most important things in my life really aren't going to change- I will still be looking toward God to lead the way, my hubby will be a hottie and a hardworker, and our kids will be the sweet gifts that we enjoy and care for each day.  The difference will be in our proximity to each other, a bus will literally make us a lot more physically close as a family, and ultimately, my prayer is that we will be more intimately connected as a whole and to The Lord and His Will for our lives.  I also hope that God will use this little bus to inspire thankfulness for simple living, a sense of His great adventures, and a deep loving unity among my friends and all those I have yet to meet!

This bus dream still feels pretty surreal right now!  Tomorrow will drive the reality straight into my yard though, so the strange awakening will happen soon.  Stay tuned and join my family and me, we are probably going to need all the help we can get.  

Also, here is a blog I am beginning that is specifically for documenting our bus pregression: BossMovingCastle.wordpress.com

Blessings to you fellow traveller ;)

"I raise my eyes to the mountains, where does my help come from?  My help comes from The Lord, the Maker of Heaven and earth." - Psalm 121:1&2

No comments:

Post a Comment