Thursday, November 14, 2019

To Hide or Not to Hide...

Oh hello!

I am trying to come out of hiding,
but this screen is as far as I'll go...

All of my time I've been biding,
curious when my face I will show...

Mothering quietly inside this space
Convinced by Love that its not all just a waste!

Even if I am not the best that there is,
I know for a fact that I'm always His...

For Him I go on, even when I have no song,
For Him I still speak, even when I feel weak...

For Love my eyes open,
my lips kiss, my heart beats...

For Love I keep dreaming,
my hands and feet rest in grace...

Watching and waiting, I want to be seen,
but also I am terrified of just how unclean...

these eyes, these words, these ways that I walk,
Even in Love, there's much to be trained in my talk...

I value freedom so deeply, that its hard to submit,
my wandering heart wants to keep a selfish bit...

Lord how deceived I am to keep some of me,
when you gave all of your whole self, so that I would finally see!

Your Love was not held back, not at all,
Every inch of you laid down for the call...

In tears of blood and a long sleepless night
you continued in faith, forgiveness was your fight...

Death didn't define you, but rather your life...
The life you laid down to call me your wife!

As a broken bride, you still chased after...
in my sin and in my shame...

Fractured from myself, you found me,
in your love you threw no blame!

Thank you Jesus for your faith,
greater than I've ever known-

In your steps, I want to follow,
no more hiding, let me be your home!


No comments:

Post a Comment