Monday, July 22, 2013

Light, Beauty, Salvation, and Strength...

All of these wonderful things come into our lives when we wait on The Lord, for once we hope in Him alone we are able to find His light, His beauty, His salvation, and His strength.  There is no One more worthy of our attention and praise!  Unlike any other words, His Words bring life; so if you are feeling empty, seek His face!  Truly, we all miss out on Reality when we separate our lives from Scripture- real Life is found when we take time to soak in His Truth.  Psalm 27 inspires my thoughts this morning, "The Lord is my light and my salvation: whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
"One thing have I asked of the Lordthat will I seek after, that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple" (Psalm 27:1 & 4).

Yesterday my husband and I were caring for the little children in our church and, as young as they may be, it is amazing to see the amount of information they can already process and understand!  During our snack time, I attempted to tell a very short story from Genesis: how God created Light!  We played with flashlights in a dark tunnel and sang "this little light of mine" as we held our own flashlights up and out, waving them around as we sang.  The children brought smiles to my heart as I watched them just soak up all of this new knowledge and I can't help but thankfully identify the incredible gift of learning that God has given children.

Oh that we might all stand beside The Lord, to listen, watch, and learn from Him today!  Even if it feels like the Words God speaks to you are not seeping in, continue to expose yourself.  He is calling us to Himself and as we fill our lives with His precious Words then we build up an appetite and thirst for Him that can only be quenched by Him!  His Truth never returns void and it is only by hearing His Words that we are able to believe His voice.

Children have much to teach us about being sponges towards who God is and all God has to say.  They are eager to speak the name of Jesus (once they have heard His name) and to celebrate their Creator in song (once they have been told that God created them and loves them)!  Little people have amazing faith, they are willing to believe what their parents say to them- so tell them the Truth.  Before anyone can do that though, we must know the Truth!  

As I conclude, I pray that you may see the importance of hoping and waiting in The Lord!  May we come to Jesus as a young child, eager to learn from Him and to soak up His light, His beauty, His salvation, and His strength.  Just as a child busily engages in their world while feeling safe within the presence of a loved one, may we also face this day in the knowledge that we are in Gods holy presence and wrapped up in His un-changing, amazing, unfailing love!

13 "I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!
14 Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!" - (Psalm 27:13-14).


No comments:

Post a Comment