Sunday, November 10, 2013

25 versus 15

Being 25 isn't really all that different from being 15.  I'm still falling in love all the time with Jeremy and I still want to read through the Bible every year.  My voice still loves to sing and my heart longs to travel the world.  No, 15 and 25 just don't seem to be all that different inside.

The difference only begins to take form as I look around me.  Married for three years with two precious children now, living in Oregon, and our own cozy home.    Bills, menus, calendar to-do's, along with extra laundry and dishes.  This doesn't look like 15 anymore!  My clothes are a little bit bigger too ;p but that's normal right?  Lol.

Inside though, I still want to just read and write, then read and write some more.  I still dream of being an amazing cook and a clear communicator.  My thoughts are never too far from chocolate and new adventures.  Facing fears is something I want to do every day.  I want to explore and learn and grow.  Laugh and jump and dance!  25 just doesn't sound right for how young I still feel.  

Where has the time gone?  And where will it go?  It's crazy to think that the next 25 years of my life may feel even faster than these first 25.  How does it feel to be outside of time?  To be timeless?!  And then, shouldn't I feel that way now, timeless?  Won't we all live for eternity, one way or another?!

I'm thinking yes ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment