Saturday, January 17, 2015

Groundwork for the Future!

Hello friends!
How are you?  I wish I could bring you all alongside me and dance and sing with you- tools in hand- as we work on this little bus house together!  Since that isn't "really" a viable option at the moment though (only a few more people could realistically fit in here lol) I thought I would at least post some new pictures of our crazy family time yesterday...










Drill until you drop- our motto for this weekend- that is, Saphira actually dropped off to sleep while people were still drilling!  That's a pretty sure sign that even just a couple hours of working on the bus can make a whole body pretty weary.  Seriously though, after trying my hand at screwing wood into the metal floor, I was blown away at how difficult it was to do!  I am super impressed with my husband at his ability to use all his weight and strength to actually drill through the wood and metal to anchor our subflooring.  Laying a foundation is hard but it is also very rewarding!  
Our cherry wood floor is so close I can almost see it underneath my feet ;) With that said, however, we have a full schedule set out for us today!  Sometimes it's easy to let myself feel like we will never get this bus floor done, but at the same time, it's so important to remind myself that laying our foundation is basically the most important part to all the rest of our building (in life and in our bus- lol).  So, I am thankful that we are (especially my husband is) taking the time to really put our flooring in right- that is, to the very best of his knowledge and abilities!
Anyway, there you have it, a little picture story and a few words on our unexpected family work day yesterday.  We have a long way to go, but we are excited to be on this journey.  I keep reminding myself that life is a process, so whatever we do in word or in deed, do it all for the Glory of God :)
We pray for you and thank the Lord for your friendship and support!  Keep persevering forward with Jesus,
Your sister in Him,
Bekah









No comments:

Post a Comment