Thursday, November 19, 2020

No Time Limit!

Do you remember as a kid when your parents used to set timers, give warnings about time limits, etc... either for bedtimes, friend visits, electronics, school, etc...  Well, I guess I am that mom now, I just gave my kids a 5 minute warning about having to go to bed, but in reality, I am still just a kid and I really hate time limits!  I mean come on, we were made for eternity after all, and of course God still has limits on times and seasons in eternal life too, but goodness, being able to feel the stop and go- isn't that so much better?  Who likes to feel rushed, pushed, and snuffed out by schedules?  Not me!  And yet, I love the appearance of order that schedules bring when they are listed out on a piece of paper, but in reality, I do not enjoy confining myself to the original ideas that I have...  I am more apt to be excited about others schedules that I can ebb and flow through at my own pace, but I feel trapped sometimes to DO what I first SAID when I wrote it down on paper.  It all sounds pretty silly now, but I digress...  my five minute time limit for my kids is long up, I better go so they don't always think 30 minutes is the same as 5 minutes.  Oh parenting!  So often I find that I am still parenting myself.  Ok, ok, Goodnight!!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment