Saturday, September 7, 2013

In Light of Pregnancy and Labor- Living Thankfully...

38 weeks pregnant this week and I am ready to see this baby...  That is, I have been saying that over and over again these last few days, but I think I may be underestimating the amount of change and hard work that this new little one is really going to bring.  My fairly uncomfortable pregnant body (candidly speaking: 35lbs heavier, heartburn and gas-filled, only able to side-sleep, baby kicks in the ribs, baby bladder squishes, which lead to pee-ing every hour or more, insomnia... Etc...) has led me to somehow believe that things will be more comfortable after birth.  Lol.  However, I would like to be realistic about the things that lie ahead as well, understanding the truth may be that more discomfort will occur after birth- such as heavy bleeding, a true lack of sleep, and breast feeding.  Obviously, this wont last forever either...  Just as pregnancy won't last for always!  Even that thought is bittersweet though, because pregnancy is just as much of a gift as being able to finally see and cuddle my baby...  It's just easier to forget the gift of pregnancy right at the end...  I mean, it's September and I have been pregnant ALL year long... :p But I don't want to forget, I really do want to remember that I am living a miracle.
Oh pregnancy!  You funny thing you...  The ability to grow a human life within your own body- to feel your baby move...  even such details as fingers and toes, twisting and grasping inside of you... the future of this world all wrapped up in a bundle of amazingly small detail right under your chin, constantly with you for nearly 10 months...  such a strange phenomenon and yet this miracle happens around the world daily!  What an active Creator we have :) see, I haven't forgotten completely that there are things to be thankful for!  In fact, writing this blog post, as I am awake quite early in the morning light, is really purposed to remind my heart and mind that there are reasons to be thankful!  Many, many reasons...
While my household sleeps I am reminded that God never does!  As the light dawns around me, there is a reminder within it that my Savior is ever working.  He has not forgotten that I am pregnant...  Lol.  He has perfect timing in His hands, and by His side I am free to wait thankfully and hopefully.  I am called to actively praise and glorify my God as I move and live and dream each moment.  
My hubby and I have been in full force- rearranging furniture and bed things...  Building and making important items we may need, acting as if we will never leave our little home again...  getting ready for baby.  Yes, full nesting has occurred at this Boss house and I do believe we have been enjoying it.  Even Nico has been saying everyday as he moves toys from one room to the next or helps put them away, doing dishes with me or wiping random spots that I haven't cleaned in too long: "working" and then shortly after he will look up at me smiling and say: "working hard."  I sure hope I will think of him and those sweet words while I am in labor!  Truly, even in labor God calls us to have the heart of a child...  May I look up to Him always with a smile on my face, thankfully pleased to be "working hard."  Yes, I am blessed to be included in the unending work that my gracious God is always doing!
A sweet friend came over to me and gave me this most wonderful back rub the other day.  It was lovely and so unexpected!  The whole thing has had such a beautiful affect on me that I haven't been able to forget the kind gesture since.  Also, something she said was quite funny too!  She asked me if I would promise her to get a pre-natal massage done at least once each pregnancy for the next 6 kids.  Haha.  Oh the thought!  Immediately I want to say- yah right...  8 kids?!  But then, in the back of my mind I can't help feeling like God may call me to something as crazy as that some day.  Lol.  Who needs sleep anyway?  However, two children will be crazy enough for this next year- so I will gladly loose some sleep over just two for a little while.
Speaking of sleep, maybe I should try to lay down and at least rest by my sweet boys a little bit longer. My heart feels so much more at peace right now, thinking over my blessings and meditating on God's   goodness and sovereignty again.  Truly, if The Lord is my portion, what more do I need?
Thank you Jesus!

"Out of the mouth of babies and infants, God has made perfect praise." - Matthew 21:16

No comments:

Post a Comment