Sunday, September 1, 2013

My safe place...

Jesus!

Yes, Jesus is my safe place...  The One I need when I truly want rest!  He is my refuge when everything around me threatens to overwhelm or bear down upon me.  My soul finds peace in Him alone!

While my body may be weary and weak... He sustains my inner being!  As Savior, Jesus holds my heart.  This world only promises to lead to death, but in Christ I have Life and Hope!

I just think of my little boy and the comforting safety that he feels within my arms- it is so lovely to scoop him up and cuddle him close while I carry him.  And when he is tired, how a stroller and a car seat tightly wrapped around his chest can bring him such security to the point of rest.  These pictures are how my soul feels within my sweet Redeemer's hold.

"Hold me up, that I may be safe and have regard for your statutes continually!"(Psalm 119:117 ESV)

His Words are my joy!  Not only does He pick me up and keep me close, but He whispers Truth to me.  How good our God can be- truly His kindness reaches to the heavens and stretches past the oceans.  May my heart ever remember!

"I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.” (Psalm 16:2 ESV)


No comments:

Post a Comment