Monday, June 3, 2013

Be aware- when you pray for humility...

This is a two-fold entry: serious and humorous, because lets face it, life is a mixture of both of these attributes; thankfully our God is a God of balance!
("A false balance is an abomination to The Lord, but a just weight is his delight." Proverbs 11:1).  I recently prayed for humility and patience as I was waiting for The Lord to answer some specific prayers. 
("The fear of The Lord is instruction in wisdom, and humility comes before honor." - Proverbs 15:33)
 Many of you may have heard to watch out when you pray for patience, because God will make you exercise it ;p well, the same is true when you pray for humility- and I managed to squish both virtues into one little prayer...  You may imagine what happened next...  
Yes, humility has been my bread and butter these past few days.  Between being misunderstood in the way I communicate or failing at different things altogether, I feel like I have had a good portion of humble pie.  And then, God decided to take me up on exercising some patience too!  One prayer I was specifically asking God to give favor towards, has been postponed and was not granted favor the first go around, and yet, He has not said no...  He has just very clearly said, not yet.  So, I will continue to wait and pray, by the Lord's strength, in His humility ;)
God indeed is a good God and answers our prayers when they are aligned with His will: may I remind you, as I seemed to have forgotten, humility and patience are definitely within His character and therefore His will!  "Ask and you shall receive..." is exactly what happened- yes His Words are true.  See for yourself, ask wholeheartedly, and He will reveal Himself to you, for He wants us to know Him!
So, while I feel like I may be in the same boat as when I first started praying, I happen to have a new view.  Life is more beautiful after every humbling experience we encounter, for it is part of the way Christ helps us die to ourselves and live more fully in Him.  Praise The Lord again for His perfect example of enduring humility... patiently... and while I may have been too afraid to consciously pray this before now, may He give me the grace to do the same!

"I, therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace." - Ephesians 4:1-3

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.  Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.  In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him." - 1 John 4:7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment