Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Call to Have a Heart of Worship...

"Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness." - Psalm 29:2


Oh what glory is due to God!  It is overwhelming and wonderful to think how my life should exist in this all consuming task of acknowledging my Savior in everything.  In thankfulness and joy my thoughts should pour forth praise!


Why is it then that living a life of worship towards my Creator and Sustainer is such a battle most days?  How can it be that my circumstances and emotions  dictate my response to God?  The reality is that He never changes- He is always worthy of praise!  This reality of Truth is beyond what I can always see and always feel and this is where God calls faith to play its part in my lifelong song of worship.  The questions above must be addressed as my human nature, the doubts of my flesh: when I live for my flesh, consumed by my flesh, I am naturally at war with my spirit, at war with God's Holy Spirit who desires to live through me!  


As I worship God I am also called to do so by living a life of discipline- to practice doing what is right and good and wonderful even when it doesn't feel easy.  And miracle of miracles, once I begin to humbly do this, to live by Christ's strength and to listen to His Spirit lead: my flesh no longer is a curse but a means to be thankful, to enjoy Jesus more fully, to sacrifice my body daily as Jesus did and to share with others all that I have been given.


My life is truly blessed!  I am called to live a life of worship, thankful praise to a God I owe everything to...  and He doesn't Lord this debt over me, but rather gives me freedom and love.  He shares with me the responsibility of forgiveness and grace so I may pass it on to others and then with joy I am able to watch others also live in God's freedom and love!


Oh what lies I believe when I am burdened down by fear and bitterness...  God has set me free!  He has set us all free!  Jesus died that you and I may have new eyes to see and to understand His Truth.  We are new creations in Him- set apart for His glory and praise...  Not because He is vain and arrogant- no... Because He is good and kind!  


“A man can no more diminish God’s glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word ‘darkness’ on the walls of his cell.” - C. S. Lewis


God knows that we need Him!  His power alone can free us from our chains of selfishness and sin.  Hallelujah!


"... the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.  God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.” - John 4:23-24


Our Lord and Savior is seeking us actively, asking us to be true worshippers!  We must know His Word and Listen to His Spirit if we are to praise Him in Spirit and in Truth.


"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." - Romans 12:1-2


What joy- to be able to meditate on God's Word, to be renewed in my mind with hope and purpose!  Worship simply takes time...  and every moment we are given is from The Lord!  Thank you Jesus for allowing me quiet to focus on you as Nico sleeps in my arms and Saphira kicks and grows inside of me.  My spirit and my flesh are consumed by Your Love!


"Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.” - Revelation 4:11



No comments:

Post a Comment