Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Better than a delicious coffee drink (even though I love those)...

Oh what beauty!  I just love Romans chapter 8 :) how can so much Good News be packed into one little chapter?  And this is only part of the Bible, only a glimpse of all the goodness throughout Gods Word. Before you read my blog any further- sit down and soak up Romans 8!

I can't tell you how many times I have searched for Gods wisdom, hope, and love...  And then have been led to this chapter in Romans.  Not only are these words comforting but they are also challenging!  Romans 8 presents many questions to my wandering heart:
Am I living by the Spirit, or living for my flesh?  Do I have life and peace, or am I living in death and separation?  Is my heart submitted to Gods laws, or am I acting in hostility towards what God has commanded?  Is my mind set on the Spirit and how I may please The Lord, or am I living to please myself?  These are questions that everyone is faced with when reading Romans 8:6-8...  And I am humbled- because Gods goodness is so evident...  His Spirit is so clearly ready to share life and peace with us if I would only submit my heart!  Yes!  Yes please!  Why would I say no?!

Well, I suppose there is this next part which speaks of suffering...  If you and I are to submit to God, and His Spirit and be: "heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ" it is assumed then that "we suffer with [Christ] in order that we may also be glorified with Him." (Romans 8:17 ESV). This is where it gets hard to submit doesn't it?  When suffering comes along its often hard to look forward to the glory in Jesus Christ that is to come!  

Oh but: "I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God." (Romans 8:18 & 19 ESV). May we "wait with eager longing" as we live our lives...  Even in hard times, suffering, and sad news...  The glory ahead is so far beyond any glory we have known it is not even worth comparing to the things we go through day to day!  What blessedness :)

I would love to dissect more of this chapter but house duties call- so I will just dwell in the treat of Gods Words that Ive been able to meditate on.  Praying that my spirit will be submitted to The Lord and that I may reflect His vibrant life and overwhelming peace- even when things aren't going the way my flesh had originally planned :p thank you Jesus for your bigger and better plans!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment