Saturday, June 1, 2013

In the end...

 "For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.  And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies." - Romans 8:32-33
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

The call and response of Scripture!  I love how God knows exactly how I feel and then He shares the words that I need to hear, just in time to refocus my thoughts on Him.  Emotions are so strong and real, they can be all consuming, and oftentimes when I least expect them to be.  And yet, they will change and fade as emotions always seem to do!  This is why my faith cannot be based solely on how I feel.  Faith requires steadfastness...  Patient hope...  Faithful endurance...  Consistent focus on what lies ahead!  
The ultimate answer is, of course, Jesus. Simply and overwhelmingly, the awe-inspiring presence of my wonderful Creator for eternity.  My hopeful end, and also my new beginning, rests in my Savior's Love!

"Better is the end of a thing than its beginning, and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit." - Ecclesiastes 7:8

1 comment: