Monday, May 27, 2013

In thankful memory and blessed hope I write this...

"Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire." - Hebrews 12:28-29
This spiritual kingdom, which is real and inhabited, is an inspiration for my American freedom today!  I cannot say that everyone in America holds this view, but I can say that real freedom is only found in Jesus Christ.  This is why, the Kingdom of God is forefront on my mind as I remember today on Memorial Day!  I am so thankful that I have been overwhelmingly blessed to share in Gods kingdom and the nation of America, Jesus is our ultimate example of sacrifice as he: "laid down His life for His friends," and by His example we are able to recognize the love and the sacrifice others have given for our American freedom.
"By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.  As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.  If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.  These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.  This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:8-13
Laying down my life for another, truly there is no greater love than this!  What an incredible example Jesus is to us all.  How often do I lay down my life for someone else?  I think of this last verse in two ways: literally giving up the entirety of my life (unto death) for another and also sharing my life daily as a benefit for another as I live day to day.  The reality is that God has called me to do both: as a Christian I am called to give up my life in its entirety to follow my Savior God, and as I do that my life should naturally be a blessing to others everyday that I am alive on earth (and Lord Willing my life will continue to be a blessing even after I die in this body).
As I close, I just want to say thank you to all my dear friends and family who have served America and still serve in America's military for the freedom and the life that I have been blessed with today:
Robert Hunecke (Gave up his life in WW2)
Paul Hendricks (Marine)
Charles Boland (Army)
Mike Miller (Air Force)
Buddy Bewick (Air Force)
David Ameneyro (Army)
Megan Ameneyro (Army)
Your service and sacrifice are not overlooked! May the freedom we have in Jesus Christ first and foremost inspire us to be thankful for our freedom in America. And, may God Bless each of you and keep you close to Himself as you serve Him and share your lives with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment