Friday, May 10, 2013

Busy, busy, busy...

"... Urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." - Titus 2:4-5

Something encouraging!  That is, it's always helpful for me to be reminded that Gods Word supports being busy at home.  There are days when the pressure to work outside the home is very great.  However, these verses above remind me that loving my husband and children is what I am "urged" to do!  And, praise God, this love for my family can be reflected in my busy-ness at home:(planning, playing, cooking, cleaning ;p), self-control (even when the candy looks good), purity (set apartness for God), kindness (gentle speech and thoughtfulness towards others), as well as humility and submission before my husband (even when I feel like I just have to be right- the hardest of all).

Do not be fooled!  I have not arrived at the "Godly busy wife" ideal.  No indeed. Yet this is my goal!  Even amidst my short fuse mornings and overwhelming messes...  My hope is in The Lord and my salvation rests with Him!  His Word is my strength and my song :) these are just some of the reasons I have started blogging recently!  I deeply desire to honor The Lord through all my daily processing of life.  His Word is my substance as I walk alongside it.

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." - Philippians 1:6

Praise The Lord!

Just for fun, here is a little Insight into my busy mornings with Nico:
Woke up
Cuddled and talked
Looked out the window
Ate some breakfast
Read and talked
Cleaned up
Diaper and clothes change
Dance workout
Diaper change again
Mommy got dressed
Nico played with noodles & scarves
Jumped on the bed
Cuddles
Put on makeup with Nico's help
Brushed our teeth
Sorted laundry
Played with Legos
Went outside
Planted extra strawberries
Watered strawberries
Sprayed water everywhere...
Nico ran around outside
I worked on Mother's Day pictures
Nico swept
We read some books
Nico watched the fire trucks
Lacey came over and said hi 
We went outside
We visited with our neighbors
Watched an airplane
Came back inside
Had a snack
Bananas and peanut butter pretzels
Cleaned up 
Played with trains
Drum time
Started laundry
Brought our tunnel inside
Cleaned up trains
Filled tunnel with stuffed animals
Rolled around in tunnel
Peekaboo and chase
Played piano
Said hello to Pablo
Followed Pablo around
Went outside again
Played basketball and catch
Threw the frisbee around
Dug in the sand
Picked up random toys in the backyard
Came inside

And it wasn't even 11am yet- lol
So here I sit on our cozy couch and finish writing.  I am thankful for my busy day so far!  Praying my conscience will continue to be at peace before my Savior as i strive to do His Will!  And, I am excited to kiss my sweet little child again after his nap ;) 

I am blessed!

"I have calmed and quieted myself. I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content... put your hope in the Lord, both now and forevermore." - Psalm 131:2-3


No comments:

Post a Comment