Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Constant through the change...

"For I, The Lord, do not change..." - Malachi 3:6

Processing, processing, processing...

My silly old brain has been overwhelmed with change this last week!  First my hubby and I find out that our second baby is going to be a girl (sweet little Saphira Nadeen).  Then, my sister became a married woman after having a "Pinterest dream" wedding on a beautiful sunshine filled day.  And finally, in a whirlwind of lovely memories and excitement, my little family and I flew back home again to Oregon late into the night.

Not only all of the above, but my husband is only halfway through one of his busiest work weeks of the year, it's his 26th birthday tomorrow, and he has to go to one last class in the evening (yes, on his birthday :/) before his big electrician's license test this Saturday!  

It's also been about a month now that Pablo has been living with us and so I've had to adjust my clothing habits by wearing modest things around the house again- not to mention the change in shopping and cooking a little extra food.  He has been a big help to Jeremy with yard work though and I am very thankful for that!  As well as all the quick lapses of time that he takes out of his day to spend in play with my little Nico :)

Last but not least, the icing on my cake of many changes, is the reality that my body is done with nursing for a little while...  Nico just hasn't been nursing enough to keep up any kind of supply.  I had planned to keep going until he was 2, but I guess 1 & a 1/2 will just have to do.  Nico wanted to be close to me all night last night after I told him my milk was all gone, but he was content and accepting about it- surprisingly really- I think he's known this was coming though.  It's hard to believe I'm actually going to get a little nursing break before baby Saphira is born.  Even crazier is the fact that my first baby is moving into a more independent stage of childhood... He will always be my first baby...  But oh how grown up he is becoming every single day!

Well, anyway, that's enough of my mommy rambles.  Those were just a few of the things I am trying to process through right now.  So many changes and yet, our Father God remains the same!  How very thankful I am for my constantly faithful and loving God when everything around me seems to be one change after another.

"I will bless The Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." - Psalm 34:1





No comments:

Post a Comment