Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Kneeling by my bed...

"My lover is mine, and I am His." - Song of Solomon 2:16

Is Jesus your lover?  Do you ache for his affection?  Does your heart desire His embrace?
The verse above lends a whole new perspective on where our hearts need to be in relationship with Jesus.  He is not just a distant Creator.  No, our Lord and Savior is our Lover!

"I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." - John 15:15

How beautiful to see friendship and love in our Father's eyes!  He offers intimacy to us as we spend time with Him each day.  Have you experienced this intimacy recently?

Switching to some personal testimony here...

Too often I trade my time with Him to do things that will not last- laundry, dishes, sleep or makeup.  Little things that are not wrong- in fact, they are usually good and healthy- but they are not worth forfeiting time with my Savior.  The days when His Words are so fresh on my heart that I can hear Him speak through all my busyness, are usually not the days that I skipped some quiet time with Him.  

Just this morning I was reminded that communication is a dialogue not a monologue.  Questions are essential to real intimacy and understanding.  Listening should be my goal in conversations!

So, where is my heart?  And, Lord, where is your heart?  Are we passionate lovers, or distant?  Am I in tune with Your voice and Your thoughts?  Oh how I long to receive this life as a love letter from You, please help me to see through Your eyes!

"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth— for your love is more delightful than wine." - Song of Solomon 1:2

Knowing how lovely kisses can feel and how smooth a cool drink can taste- it is wonderful to remember that His love is better than these!  And while my emotions don't always reflect who God is, the reality is that when I follow Him and truly experience His intimacy (being reminded of His great love) then the way I feel will naturally follow this outpouring of His goodness towards me :)

Yes!

This is where I rest... in the arms of my Lover and my Friend... and this is where I stay and say thank you Lord!




No comments:

Post a Comment