Friday, May 17, 2013

Thank you for that lavender latte...

I think next time I get a coffee at 8:30pm I need to remember to get it decaf, otherwise, blog posts at midnight start happening and then somehow I have to function the next morning!  Oh but there is so much to write about all of a sudden.  My brain just won't turn off!
First of all, I am reading a book called "The Circle Maker" (I've been reading it for awhile now, but am closing in on the last pages!) and it has me completely excited about writing again.  Especially for the purposes of prayer and planning out goals- things I really do enjoy writing out!  Thinking about something important is one thing, but writing it out is the next step to making it a happen.  For instance, just this, my dream of blogging faithfully about my life for Gods glory.  Now, there will obviously be days (maybe weeks) where I am overloaded with other things, and yet, a few minutes here and there has helped me to see that every entry is a victory!
So, those are just a couple thoughts on the book I'm reading and blogging, but there's more!  I have been dreaming of starting a parent and child play school at my house.  First I just wanted to have a Childcare center in my home as a ministry and added income, but God is continually reshaping this idea into a more hands on parenting program.  Something that inspires and encourages stay at home parents- and maybe even other caregivers- to be more hands on and interactive with their children.  And then, to provide a safe and fun environment and curriculum (with a biblical, prayer based emphasis) for parents and children to participate in.  This, of course, will give me weekly deadlines to nail down, curriculum to write, and planning goals for my child and my household- all blessings in disguise. I have been feeling the tug from my lord to start something this summer!  So, now I have to pray through those details ;) but I am excited and thrilled to have a clearer picture directly in sight.  
Last but not least, I want to get a blog out into the world with all the curriculum I have already helped write and put together for the first year I led kids church at Resonate Christian Church (here in Sherwood, Oregon).  This is a lofty goal indeed, because all the things I wrote have been spread over a large quantity of different emails, word files, and online spaces...  But, getting them together would help me to get closer to my goal of writing and publishing my own set of Biblical kids curriculum some day!
Whoo- and so those are my thoughts.  They may not be too exciting for those of you who have different dreams than me, however, these ideas are my current joys! So if you can take away anything from this blog post- remember to dream big, make plans, and commit your way to The Lord!  May He be honored and glorified in all your endeavors :)

"Commit to The Lord whatever you do, and He will establish your plans." - Proverbs 16:3

1 comment:

  1. The way you started this post off was hilarious, just so ys know;) I think you have a beautiful vision, and I can't wait to see how it develops!!(:

    ReplyDelete