Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sweet young baby to little boy...

Don't get me wrong, my little boy can be very, very sweet still, but he is growing up awfully fast; indeed, he is not a baby anymore.  This last week has just reminded me again of how quickly children move from one phase to the next.  After a little 18month check-up with our Doctor this morning, it suddenly hit me that he will be two before his next routine physical.
Two years old!  I know that's nothing in the span of a whole lifetime, but it sounds like a huge quantity of time in the eyes of a first time mom.  How can my baby be growing up so fast?
He wants to sit at the table with us everyday now (no more high chair for him, booster seat all the way), spoons and forks in his left hand are also a must, climbing into his car seat is necessary now (no, no- is his continual answer when I ask to help), his shoes are all getting too tight (again), scraped knees are actually happening already, and oh-my-goodness the words!  Nico is beginning to talk up a storm and he can hardly form sentences- lol- it is so fun to watch his brain work.
Just a few of my favorite Nico words:
"Belly", "cereal", "watar", "milk", "watch", "bird", "ouside" for outside, "table", "chair", "pactil" for practical, "bubble", "venture" for adventure, "fire- ra" for Saphira, "toes", "baby", "belbow" for elbow, "knock-knock", "copta" for helicopter, "snack", "bump", "mama", "dada", "An Betty" for aunt Bethie, "Hannah", "Paulo" for Pablo, "cuttle" for cuddle, "hug", "kiss", "taint you" for thank you...  And the list goes on and on...
So does my praise for this sweet little boy in my life- thank you Jesus!  I am praying Nico will grow up to have his own intimate praise filled relationship with The Lord.  I can't wait to enjoy every minute with my cutie- even when I am about to go crazy with his endless energy, yes, even still God always reminds me to laugh! 

“Praise be to you, Lord,
    the God of our father Israel,
    from everlasting to everlasting.
11 Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, Lord, is the kingdom;
    you are exalted as head over all.
12 Wealth and honor come from you;
    you are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power
    to exalt and give strength to all." - 1 Chronicles 29:10-12


No comments:

Post a Comment