Thursday, May 9, 2013

Trouble or Peace...

 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." - John 14:26-28

Everyday has trouble, somedays seem as if there is none in comparison to other days, and yet, each day has its own problems to face.  I am reminded of that this morning, while yesterday appeared to be all in order with room for me to help others, today feels a little more overwhelming.  My husband and I have been traveling a lot more than usual this year and it has brought on long talks into the evening about how to budget best.  Mostly these have been good chats, seeing Gods amazing provision through what seems impossible, however, a few discussions have definitely been disheartening.  

What is hardest for me right now, is the fact that we have mis-calculated funds the week of my husband's birthday.  Most couples and families have faced these sort of problems and troubles before- long before my husband and I realized they even existed- but it still doesn't make things easier.  The hope I hold onto isn't in comparing my situation to others, thankfully, it's in the faithful provision of my Loving Savior!

Before I looked at our paycheck online this morning, I stopped myself to remember how God has been so good to take care of all our needs and more, just recently and throughout my whole life, so no matter how little we are given to pay bills this week- I need not worry!  Oh but it is so much easier said than done.  That is why this next verse gives me so much comfort:

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind.  And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." - 1 Corinthians 10:14-16

I may be tempted to doubt, but I do not have to!  God provides a way out, whether that be in more funds to pay bills or more importantly, more faith...  which i pray will help us to live simply and not overspend what God has entrusted to us.  As Dave Ramsey has said (in paraphrase), the money we receive is not our own, we are only stewards of Gods money.  And oh how I pray we may be wise, Jeremy and I together, to be faithful and good stewards of what we have been given.  Thank you Lord, for sharing with us all that you do!

"The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him..." - Nahum 1:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment